Saturday, April 17, 2010

CRAIGS LIST CONNECTION?



Walked into a gas station today to see if they sold icees; I didn't find an icee machine; however, I DID find a man in FULL gladiator gear:

- burgundy dress-like thing CHECK
- complete with a leather strap around his waist from which a plastic (?) sword in a plastic sword case hung CHECK
- leather booties (looked like they could have been homemade)? CHECK
- dark, disheveled, curly (slightly damp from nasty sweat) hair CHECK

He was meeting a guy, and from their conversation, it was easy to deduce that the two had never met before. After the introduction and the gladiator offering to buy cigarettes for the non-gladiator, the non-gladiator said he would just have one of gladiator's cigs if he wanted one, so there was no need for gladiator to buy non-gladiator a whole pack. As they exited the store, non-gladiator said, "ok, so i will just follow you to your house, it's close right?"

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I witnessed a craig's list personals ad for Live Action Role Play (or LARP) actually come to life.

1 comment:

SmidgenWriter said...

Hahahaha, that's freaking hilarious! XD I dunno if it'd be quite your type of thing, but you might like some of my Batrachaphobic Blathering blog stuffs. Whatever the case, I'm keeping a tab on this place. ^__^